PitchFest Finals - September 19
Join us for the PitchFest Finals -- a competition that will bring together six of the top new ag technology companies in the Sacramento Region to present their innovative business concepts before a panel of distinguished judges. Companies will compete to win an invitation to present in front of key stakeholders in agriculture at the AgStart Showcase on October 16th and a scholarship to attend the UC Davis Childs Family Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship Food, Ag, and Health Entrepreneurship Academy on October 22-24.
You won't want to miss this great opportunity to catch the pulse of ag tech innovation in our region and to mix and mingle with our vibrant ag tech community! Space is limited so register now to assure your spot!
Seventeen local Ag tech innovators applied for the first annual AgStart PitchFest and 6 finalists were chosen to compete Thursday September 19th at the UC Davis Graduate School of Management. Join us!
The six finalists are (drum roll)
- Agrifin LLC- Innovative financing system for farmers based upon capitalizing crops previous to harvest
- California Safe Soil – A low cost 3 hour digestion process for converting produce and green waste into pasteurized liquid fertilizer
- Henlight- Solar powered LED lighting system that enhances egg production of hens
- Inserogen- Cost effective production of therapeutics for rare (orphan) diseases using tobacco plants as a manufacturing platform.
- Nicolas Garden- A app and website that helps children and families make healthier lifestyle choices with easy to prepare recipes and meal plans
- Tule Technologies- Direct wireless measurement system for measuring daily crop water usage for growers
AgStart PitchFest MentorsRoger Akers, Managing Partner, Akers Capital
Dan Koellen, Board President, Sacramento Angels
Harry Laswell, Managing Director/Co-Founder. American River Ventures
Steve Mills, General Partner, DCA Capital Partners
Dave Sanders, Managing Partner, World Bridge Partners
AgStart PitchFest Finals Judges
Central Valley Fund
Fred Mendez, Sr.
Insight and Execution
Housing Program Director
USDA Rural Development
Director, Global Business
Development & Licensing
Thursday, September 19, 2013
6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
UC Davis Graduate School of Management
One Shields Avenue
Davis, California 95616
General Admission: $40, SARTA Member $20
For SARTA discount information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 916-231-0770
Click for information on becoming a SARTA member